Hello My Friend, Welcome to Serenity Saturday! A place I created for you to recharge and nourish your mind, body and spirit! Breathe in the calmness, love and laughter, be inspired, learn something new or just enjoy sitting with a friend. I promise the videos, stories, tips and photos will bring a smile to your face, encouragement to your heart and remind you of God’s love for you now and always! Come on in, you won’t regret it!
serenity saturday stories
Serenity Self Care
Here we are, it’s Serenity Saturday my favorite time of the week!! This week we’ll take an eclectic view of self care. Something for the mind, body and spirit! Try a few of these tips today, make sure to choose at least one from each category!
Self-Care for the Mind
- De-clutter a space or clean out your closet
- Listen to a favorite podcast
- Re-arrange the furniture in a room
- Start a new book
- Start a gratitude jar
- Practice 15 minutes of mindfulness
- Do something creative: paint, draw, craft, the sky’s the limit!
Self-Care for the Body
- Take a 30 minute walk-bonus point if it’s a nature trail!
- Make and eat a healthy lunch or dinner
- Catch some rays, remember the sunscreen!
- Diffuse your favorite essential oils or light a favorite scented candle
- Laugh! Hey check out Serenity Smiles, or watch a funny movie!
- Dance to your favorite playlist-bonus points if you have others join you!
- Find a nice, quiet spot, to just be still and enjoy being outside
Self-Care for the Spirit
- Journal your thoughts from the week
- Do a Mindful Check-in, journal which emotions are present
- Write out the lyrics to your favorite praise song; pray them back to God
- Set aside extra time today to spend with God; sit quietly and listen
- Add to your gratitude journal or jar, or start one if you haven’t already
- Pick out 3 Bible verses to memorize or keep with you this coming week
- Set aside extra time to pray for others today
god sees you
God’s Amazing creatures!
It wouldn’t be Serenity Saturday without a few laughs or at least a smile or two. Let me know in the comments which joke was your favorite. If you don’t have a favorite, please feel free to submit one for an upcoming Serenity Saturday!
Getting old joke
Recently divorced, I moved back to my home town hoping to start over again. A few weeks later, while making a dentist appointment, I was surprised to see I recognized the dentist’s name as a good looking boy from my high school 20 years ago. Upon walking into the dentist’s office, I quickly realized he must be someone else. He was bald, had a big beer belly, and looked a lot older than me. Just to be sure though, on my way out I asked him if he went to the high school that I had attended. “Yeah”, he responded, “I graduated in 91.” “Oh my gosh”, I excitedly said “you were in my class.” “Really”, he said that’s interesting, “what class did you teach?”
lawyer trying to his client’s innocence backfires
A fellow’s wife went missing; everyone knew that he and his wife were in a big fight. as a result, he was accused of murdering her and disposing of the body. Witness after witness came to the stand testifying to all sorts of horrible threats that the defendant made toward his wife. Things were looking quite dim for the defendant. Finally, the defendant’s lawyer stood up to make this statement:. “Ladies and Gentleman of the jury I have something quite exciting to tell you, if you would all please direct your attention towards the door behind me on my left you will see the supposedly dead women walk in on her own two feet.”
There was a loud murmuring in the courtroom as all eyes turned towards the door. “Ladies and Gentleman” said the lawyer after a few seconds of anxious waiting, “To be honest with you, Nobody is going to be walking through the door. The fact that your eyes all turned towards the door, however, makes it quite obvious that you are not sure beyond the shadow of a doubt about my client’s guilt.” To the lawyer’s great surprise, the jury decided that the man was guilty. “But how could you say that he is guilty? Didn’t I prove it to you?” Questioned the lawyer. “It is true that we all turned towards the door,” one old lady explained, “but there was person who didn’t.” “Whose that?” Questioned the indignant lawyer. “Your client.” Came the reply.
Post of the Week
How much time do you spend caring for your relationships? You might reply that you value the importance of your relationships. You may however admit that you have little time for nurturing them. How about your relationship with God? Are you finding God in the moments of each day or struggling to recognize His presence? Perhaps you remain content to relegate your time with God to a number of scheduled encounters. Church attendance, weekly Bible study or a brief morning devotional encompass your God encounters.
Serenity saturday inspiration
This Serenity Saturday, worship the God of the impossible with me. God is present in every storm, every difficulty, every impossible situation. Our greatest weapon is PRAISE; no enemy stands before the praises of Our Almighty God! Our praises unleash all of Heaven’s Power. Don’t miss this today.