Hello My Friend, Welcome to Serenity Saturday! A place I created for you to recharge and nourish your mind, body and spirit! Breathe in the calmness, love and laughter, be inspired, learn something new or just enjoy sitting with a friend. I promise the videos, stories, tips and photos will bring a smile to your face, encouragement to your heart and remind you of God’s love for you now and always! Come on in, you won’t regret it!
serenity saturday stories
Happy Serenity Saturday! can you believe we are in the second weekend in September already??!! The weather where I live is not quite ready for fall yet, but thankfully the horrid heat seems to be gone. I’m just now starting to think about my very favorite time of year, autumn. I’m not quite ready to start putting my autumn finery out yet, but just give me one cool morning, and I’ll be hard at it!
This Saturday, as we focus on self-care, let’s look forward to a new season and all it holds for us. Maybe this is a hectic season for you if you have children at home and trying to settle into new school routines. Or maybe things are quieter because the kids have gone back to school! Whatever the reason, spend some time looking forward and assessing your needs for his new season. Try a few of these prompts to get you started!
Serenity Self-Care Tips
- Re-evaluate your current routines. Do you need to adjust wake-up or bedtimes? Re-work your evening routine to include homework or packing lunches? Take time to re-adjust before overwhelm sets in.
- Make time to be outside. This is important in any season; it’s a great mindfulness activity to notice how nature is changing with the season.
- Take a mindful break. Take time to sit down and assess how you feel. What emotions are surfacing? How does a new season make you feel? List some current concerns.
- Set goals. Think of at least two things you would like to accomplish this fall. maybe it’s work outside the house or a project inside. Maybe a craft project or a head start on Christmas projects. Or a change in your personal care routine.
- Pull out your fall favs. This could be favorite herbal teas, foods or decorations that give you that cozy feeling.
- Focus on personal care. Summer can be hard on our skin, hair, nails, etc. Take a full assessment and treat yourself to a home spa day! Bonus points if you invite a friend. You can have fun with facials, nails & fancy hair care.
Happy Birthday Beethoven!
an eternal investment
Share a laugh with me this Serenity Saturday! leave a comment to tell me which joke you liked best, or share one of your own!
A Dead Man’s Credit
I tried having my mother’s phone disconnected, but the customer-service rep told me that since the account was in my dad’s name, he’d have to be the one to put in the request. The fact that he’d been dead for 40 years didn’t sway her. Then a solution hit me: “If I stop paying the bill, you can turn off the service, right?” “Well, yes,” she said reluctantly. “But that would ruin his credit.”
Without Her Man
When I was a proofreader, I shared with my coworkers this example to illustrate how writing can skew based on gender: A professor wrote on the blackboard, “Woman without her man is nothing.” The students were then instructed to insert the proper punctuation. The men wrote, “Woman, without her man, is nothing.” The women wrote, “Woman! Without her, man is nothing.”
Two dog owners are arguing about whose pet is smarter. “My dog is so smart,” says the first owner, “that every morning he goes to the store and buys me a sesame seed bagel with chive cream cheese, stops off at Starbucks and picks me up a mocha latte, and then comes home and turns on ESPN, all before I get out of bed.” “I know,” says the second owner. “How do you know?” the first demands. “My dog told me.”
Post of the Week
It took a few days to realize that the Lord invited me on a walk through discouragement. You may wonder why I chose expressing a walk through discouragement as an “invitation” from God. It’s simple, God wastes nothing in our lives. In His sovereignty He redeems every single event, experience, situation and tear for our good and His glory.
kindness knows no bounds
Worship with me this Serenity Saturday with “I AM THEY”. I’m truly thankful for my scars, brokenness and trials, for they revealed Christ’s love to me. Yes, they tell a story, my story and His. Don’t hide your scars, let them speak. Let’s praise our faithful God together today!